Molecular design, synthesis and structural characterization of organic compounds
Design, synthesis and characterization of new organic products for pharmacological and industrial purposes.
This service includes:
- Design, modeling, calculation and prediction of molecular properties.
- Synthesis at laboratory scale.
- Spectroscopic characterization of new organic products for pharmacological and industrial purposes.
- Studies of the physicochemical properties of organic compounds such as aggregation state, particle size, zeta potentials (such as liposomes, gels, etc.), stability in different matrix (water, acids, organic solvents, etc.). Ex: active principles, drugs, fluorescents, etc.
- Theoretical calculation of molecular interactions. Ex: drug-protein interaction models.
- Experimental determination of supramolecular interactions.
A research group from the UIB, in collaboration with the University of Granada, has developed and patented an effective bioactive compound against Chagas disease. The synthetic squamid base compound is effective to eliminate the intracellular and extracellular forms of the parasite, at the same time has very low toxicity respect healthy cells.