2014 Method for the prediction and / or prevention of overweight, obesity and / or its complications by means of analysis of gene expression
Development of a method of prediction and / or prevention of overweight and obesity that allows monitoring the effectiveness of feeding with breast milk or milk containing leptin.
The consumption of fats and foods with high energy density, especially in developed countries, associated with less physical exercise, are the main causes of overweight and obesity.
Therefore, the identification and characterization of new early and solid biomarkers is crucial to make recommendations and personalized nutritional interventions for its prediction and / or prevention.
The present invention analyzes the changes of genes that indicate the probability of suffering from overweight or related alterations. The expression profile of these genes can be used as biomarkers of higher risk of this type of pathologies, which allows to prevent the development of these and pathologies associated with obesity.
The invention also allows monitoring people with a high risk of obesity and its complications to establish a treatment with adequate foods.
- Identification of high risk of overweight or obesity individuals even before any increase in weight or fat develops
- Early intervention to prevent the development of the disease
- Monitoring of individuals to determine if they have reversed the risk of developing the disease after eating adequate food
- Mètode capaç d'analitzar mostres "in vitro" per a la predicció i prevenció de malalties relacionades amb el sobrepès
- Mètode d'obtenció de dades útils per a la predicció i prevenció d'aquest tipus de malalties i les seves complicacions
Currently, the invention is available and protected by Spanish patent and PCT.