2008 Dialysis liquid composition
University researchers have patented a liquid compound for dialysis patients, to prevent the substantial decrease of the concentration of certain biological substances, such as phosphate or bisphosphonates, after a dialysis treatment.
Dialysis is a treatment for acute kidney dysfunction and involves the use of a semipermeable membrane that separates the blood from another fluid called dialysis fluid. A composition that eliminates waste substances from the blood. This compound, in addition to eliminating waste can also affect the essential substances for the human body and even get to eliminate 100%.
The loss of these substances can cause the appearance of cardiovascular calcifications that can generate hypertension and increase the risk of cardiovascular accidents.
There is a need to improve the composition of dialysis liquids, researchers at the University have patented a dialysis fluid supplement, where they have introduced the substances of biological interest to prevent the loss of substances in the blood and thus , maintain adequate plasma levels or increase plasma levels to physiologically adequate values.
- Removes waste substances from the blood
- Regulates the volume of water and electrolytic concentration
- High concentration of glucose that allows to reach an isotonic osmolarity with plasma
- Prevents the loss of biological interest substance from the blood
- Maintains adequate plasma levels
- Increase plasma levels to physiologically adequate levels
Currently, this invention is transferred and protected by patent in several countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Spain, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, Russia and the USA.